Welcome to the Bay Area Inaugural Believe Walk for Dup15q Alliance!
When: RESCHEDULED-Sunday, October 22, 2023
Lake Elizabeth/Central Park
40000 Paseo Padre Parkway
Fremont, CA 94538
Picnic Area-Redwood 1 & 2
(Parking available at Mission View/Paseo Padre)
Registration Opens at 8:30 am
Walk Begins at 9:00 am
Walk Tickets are $30
Individuals with Dup15q (and children under 5) are always free!
*Coffee, bagels, bananas, and water will be provided!*
Ready to walk your socks off?
We are so thrilled you are here!! Grab your favorite friends, family and party people and let’s do this! Wear your favorite Dup15q Believe tee (or dress in BLUE) and let’s celebrate our loved ones with Dup15 by raising awareness and money for research and targeted treatments.
Located out of the area but still want to participate?
Heck yes, you can! If you’re unable to participate at this location, join us remotely! Register for our remote walk option, get a tee, and complete your own walk or run where it’s convenient. We’ll miss you, but know you’re there in spirit and spreading awareness in your own community. You ROCK!
Spirited Play Labs will be providing a sensory play area for children in attendance.
Picnic site and Bathrooms are ADA compliant.
Are you interested in providing event donations, volunteering, or have questions?
Please contact Sherie Cabezas at SherieCabezas@gmail.com
Would you like a picture of your son or daughter honored at the walk?
Please email a picture to Ember Burke at email@example.com.
*ATTN: Dup15q Families*
*Donations made from your personal fundraising page will help you earn conference rewards for the 2025 Dup15q Family Conference.
A HUGE THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS:
Dr. Jane Kim
Victoria Maxwell Kellam
Friends of Dup15q Alliance
R. Sophia Cabezas
Beth & Paul Tivnan
And our Generous Donation Contributors:
Smart & Final
Total Wine & More
Susan La Rue
Malibu Wine Hikes
Napa Valley Wine Train
American Conservatory Theater
Hand & Stone Massage & Facial Spa
Ruby Hill Golf Course
San Francisco Ballet
Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese
Fogo de Chāo Restaurant
Livermore Wine Trolley
Oriental Trading Company
Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco
Spirited Play Labs
Body By Kachi
Lisa Marie Photography
Gourmet Gift Baskets
Terms and Conditions
- I understand that my acceptance of this Waiver is required for participation in the Dup15q Alliance Event including, but not limited to, training programs prior to the event (collectively the "Event").
- I understand that in order to participate in the Event, I assume all risks and release and hold harmless the Dup15q Alliance and its affiliates, agents, employees, officers, trustees and directors, as well as volunteers, participating communities and clubs and all government and public entities including State, County and local municipalities where the events take place (collectively the "Released Parties ").
- I understand and agree that this release applies to personal injury, property damage, or wrongful death that I may suffer. I understand that by agreeing to this release I am assuming full responsibility for any and all risk while participating in the Event.
- I understand that I am solely responsible for my health and safety, and I acknowledge that I am physically capable of participating in and completing this Event, and I will abide by all Event and local municipal rules.
- I understand and agree that for the health and safety of all attendees if I am not feeling well or have COVID symptoms I will not attend the event.
- I agree to allow the Dup15q Alliance the use of my name and likeness in connection with the Event for any purpose related to the advertising or promotion of the Event, worldwide in perpetuity in all forms of media.
- I understand that my ticket(s) are not refundable. I am responsible to coordinate with the event organizer to pick up my shirts or I have the option to pay to have the shirt shipped to me.
Should any portion of this Waiver be judicially determined invalid, voidable or unenforceable for any reason, such portion of this Waiver shall not affect the validity, effect, enforceability, or interpretation of the remaining provisions of this Waiver. I have carefully read this Waiver and fully understand its contents. I am aware that this is a release of liability and I agree of my own free will.
Spread the word
2023 Bay Area Believe Walkby Dup15q Alliance
Date & Time
Sun, Oct 22, 2023
8:30 am - 12:30 pm PDTAdd to Calendar
Lake Elizabeth/Central Park
40000 Paseo Padre Parkway, Picnic Area-Redwood 1 & 2
Fremont, CA 94538